Join the PTA for an Adult Night Out on May 24th from 7-9pm at Pinot’s Palette. Cost is $38 per person (with $10 per person being donated to McCarty PTA) and includes snacks and one drink ticket. Additional beverages will be available for purchase. Register online or by returning the registration form and payment to school. Registration will close May 19th or when capacity is reached.
Archives for April 2017
Come celebrate the end of the year with our Mustang Pride Read Out on May 24th. Parents come join your Mustang outside during their grade’s regular intervention time. Please see the read out Spring Read Out RSVP Letter 2017 to let us know if you are able to attend or if you will need a staff member to read with your child.
1st Grade: 11:15-12:15pm
2nd Grade: 9:15-10:15am
3rd Grade: 1:15-2:00pm
4th Grade: 2:15-3:15pm
5th Grade: 12:00-1:00pm
Recently actor/comedian Craig Robinson (of the tv show “The Office” and various movies) returned to his hometown of Chicago to promote his new book, “Jake the Fake Keeps It Real”. Part of his tour was a visit to McCarty and talk to our Mustangs about his life and his new book. Afterwards he signed copies of his book and took pictures. It was a fantastic visit! Thanks to Mrs. McVey & Anderson’s Bookshop in Naperville for helping make a fantastic day!
At our PTA meeting last Wednesday, a new executive board was elected for next school year. Please congratulate and lend your support!
- President/Co-Presidents—OPEN. If you are have questions or interest in this position, email us! No previous experience required, just need a commitment to support our school and all its Mustangs! President meets with principal regularly, superintendent quarterly, and runs PTA meetings. It’s a great opportunity to learn about what is going on in the school and the district!
- 1st VP will be Tanya Mueller, who has 1st grade Mustang.
- 2nd VP is Aimee McCue, who has a Kindergartener Mustang.
- 3rd VP is Cecilia Angstadt, who has a Kindergartener Mustang.
- Stephanie Nieman is returning as secretary & has a 2nd grade Mustang.
- Treasurer is Danielle Guleserian, who has a Kindergartner Mustang.
The Spring Book Fair here! Consider volunteering and helping students out
with book selection and sales. Sign up here.